Get a Free Quote!
Workmanship Warranties protect you the customer from mistakes made during the installation process. When you buy roofing or renovations from a professional contractor, you expect the job will be done correctly. The purchase of a new project for a home is a significant expense. It involves purchasing a combination of products and services. It is very important that the homeowner understands the role of the contractor. The contractor chosen by the homeowner to do the requested work will be expected to be competent and able to complete the work in a professional and timely manner.
Negotiate a written job agreement with the contractor that defines the following issues:
· Products to be used
· Work start and completion times
· Material drop site
· Insurance coverage in case of property damage
· Insurance coverage in case of personal injury
· Payment terms and conditions
· Change order procedures
· Clean-up and removal of debris
- In the matter of workmanship, the signed agreement between the homeowner and the contractor generally includes a warranty on workmanship. While the length of warranties may vary, a good contractor will stand behind his work because he cares about his reputation and the homeowner’s potential as a referral for other work. Clearly, the terms of the agreement and the good reputation of the contractor are the most reliable assurances of satisfactory workmanship.
- In addition to the warranty, price is always a central concern. Price is a measure of the cost of the project. Some low prices are bargains. Some low prices are a nightmare. When we started our business we made a commitment that we would much rather explain our higher price than ever have to apologize for poor quality. We price our projects exactly where they need to be in order for us to do the job right and deliver the quality you want. As much as we want to do business with you, we refuse to provide you with a price that sets either of us up for failure. Remember this roof will help protect your home, and your home is probably the largest single asset you own. Ben’s Roofing can give you the names of many clients who would tell you they would use us again without hesitation. Isn’t that the type of contractor you want to use on your project?